Aquatic Center
Fire Dept
Municipal Code Enforcement
Parks & Rec
Police Dept
Public Works

Code Enforcement

Douglas Melby is the Code Enforcement Officer. The Code Enforcement Officer is responsible for evaluating private properties and public grounds against local codes, answering citizen questions about the codes, and issuing citations for code violations. The Code Enforcement Officer works to maintain an attractive, safe community, which helps improve both property values and the quality of life of those in the community. Some code violations include unsightly lawns with long grass or weeds, trees that need to be trimmed, junk and unregistered vehicles, appliances and other junk in yards, items in the city's right of way, excess signage, nuisance animals, and illegal parking.

If you have questions regarding ordinances pertaining to Code Enforcement, please contact the Code Enforcement Officer at City Hall, 712-263-3143.

Email: Code Enforcement Officer

Snow Removal Warnings -- Last updated December 10, 2018

Snow-related ordinance reminders

Building Department

Chris Flattery is the Building Inspector. The Building Inspector receives inspection requests and complaints concerning building code violations; identifies and documents building violations; investigates zoning ordinances, prepares and issues notices to comply, issues stop work orders, follows up on all corrective action by reviewing and re-inspecting sites to assure corrections have been made. The Building Inspector works in conjunction with the Planning and Zoning Commission, Housing Authority, Appeal Board, and the City to review and enforce ordinances, zoning codes and preliminary and final plats, and coordinates to keep the adoption of codes current with the state code and monitor permit fees to be uniform in cost with the industry.

If you have questions regarding ordinances pertaining to Building or Planning, please contact the Building Inspector at City Hall, 712-263-3143.

Email: Building Inspector



Departments - City Calendar - Community Info - City Government - Employment - Utilities - Relocating to Denison
Home - About Denison - Online Forms - Feedback - Contact Us

Website Design by Bluespace Creative, Inc.